We live in exciting times. This has happened on all fronts including career options. Gone are the days when people would stick to more conventional careers like careers of becoming of doctors, medical or management fields. With the latest developments more and more career frontiers have opened up. Passion is the key to one’s career success. This is why you must professional do what your heart says. This is why if the career of being a Radio Jockey (RJ) truly excites, you that is what you must follow. However, while doing so let us see how lucrative an RJ career can be in the current scenario.
Let us begin by seeing; what are the various career options you have after undergoing professional RJ training:
Various career options following RJ Training:
- You could opt to become an RJ at the All India Radio
- In case you are looking for a prospective career you could also think of becoming an RJ with the various FM channels which have come up in recent times.
- Once you have developed the skills you could even choose to be a freelance comparer for some programs
- As an RJ you could also consider working as a voice-over artist in various video commercials
- The internet has come up in a big way including the radio, which is why you could choose of becoming a radio jockey on various website radio stations
- As an RJ why not become a voice-over artist for the animation industry.
Once trained as an RJ you could even be working as a comparer in personal parties.
The salaries you could expect as an RJ:
At the basic starting level as an RJ you could expect to start with a salary of about Rs 7000 to Rs 14,000/- to begin with. This you could expect once you have joined as a trainee. Following this on becoming a permanent staff your salary would increase to Rs 15,000/- to Rs 45,000/-. As an experienced RJ with an experience of about 8 to 9 years, one can expect Rs 75,000/- to Rs 90,000/-.
In fact as per a recently conducted study which it was mentioned in a leading Career related Website that the salary level of radio jockey depends on cities and one could expect the following structure in terms of salaries based on the city:
- In a Tier 1 city Salary would usually be in the range of about 45,000/- per month and above
- On the other hand in the case in case Tier 2 city the same would in the range between Rs 20,000/- to Rs 45,000/-
- For a Tier 3 city- the salary range would be anything between Rs 7,000/- to Rs 20,000/-
When it comes to working timings there are no fixed working hours from 9 to 5 in case of a conventional job. However, as an RJ you could also expect various types of perks and other benefits in this profession. There are some major non-monetary benefits which include winning over many hearts at the same time and being a popular character.
What is also very encouraging is the fact that the Indian Radio sector has been growing steadily and is expected by 18- 20% CAGR by the end of 2020. So the opportunities to grow are many which are why seek for the right RJ training to have a lucrative RJ Career.