RADIO INDUSTRY IS CALLING
With the announcement of around 839 new FM Radio stations all across India and hundreds of Community Radio stations expected to start operations, the opportunities in the field of Radio are endless. Today, radio is emerging as the most sought-after career amongst the youngsters, who wish to be famous and also make a mark in the exciting and rewarding world of Radio Jockeying. Besides this, Satellite Radio, Community Radio, Internet Radio, Voice-over work, Dubbing and Podcasting also offer a plethora of opportunities for professionally trained Radio Jockeys.
GET CERTIFIED & ENTER THE WORLD YOU ALWAYS DREAMT OF
- Radio is a very personal medium, it offers the ability to talk about almost anything in a very intimate way to millions of people.
- The success of private FM stations reveals that radio listenership habits have changed considerably, not only are listeners turning into it more often but also sticking to radio for longer hours everyday.
- Radio is considered as a background medium, because people can listen to radio anytime and anywhere they want.
- Radio is a free medium. 90% of India has access to radio which is unmatched by any other media.
- Radio is the only medium to uneducated village folk who do not read print publications.
- Today’s busy teenagers love radio because it compliments a faster-paced lifestyle. They can listen to music and get information on the move.
- Younger generation have taken very quickly to interacting with their favorite radio stations and RJs via e-mail and SMS for song requests and competitions.
- Currently Radio has just 2% of the 9000 crore Indian advertising market while globally radio has above 10% of the advertising cake.
- Everything is new and nice at the moment. People in India today are spoilt for choice, they have a stack of channels to choose from. There are plenty of listeners and times are good as far as jobs and money.
Just a few years back if you would have asked a child what he/she wants to be in future you may have got the traditional reply that he/she wishes to be a doctor or an engineer. The catch is that if you ask the same question now, do not get surprised if the child answers that he/she wants to be a radio jockey. The reason is simple that the generation Y is now interested in careers that are interesting, challenging and a bit different from routine jobs. Yes, careers like radio jockey or radio announcers are interesting and fascinating.
Radio jockey career opportunities in India have increased many folds after the advent of the FM stations which breathed life back into the ailing radio. With a bevy of options to choose from, the career opportunities of radio jockey includes various FM Radio stations catering to different regional languages. Even the other independent and new stations can also be a good option to start afresh. Generally, for the youngsters who aspire to be future radio jockeys, them these radio jockey career opportunities in India will open up once they pass the individual auditioning round of various stations.
Apart from the known radio jockey jobs, the career opportunities of radio jockey includes doing voice-overs in advertisements for both television and radio, voice modulation for audio magazines and documentaries, anchoring various TV shows, live shows and events. Importantly enough, globalization and emergence of private players have considerably increased the radio jockey career opportunities in India in recent times.
We have often heard many people saying that one needs to get trained, the right way in order to excel on radio. But, what is the right type of training? Is it really useful and will it really goes a long way in making you that star Radio Jockey that you always dreamt of?
Well, without proper professional training, you are just like an airplane with a flight path. One has to accept the fact that it is not at all easy to go ‘On-Air’ and sustain with your performance. In order to get those ears listening to you, your voice has to be properly trained. It has to go through a very high level of professional training to get those highs at a particular point, the lows when demanded, ability to pick up speed along-with modulation and of course, your diction has to be impeccable.
So, who can effectively provide you with all this? Well, the answer is no rocket science, actually it is very basic. An institute and its trainers, who know radio themselves, will only be able to impart you the training that is demanded by radio stations all over the globe. Make sure you make the right choice whether their curriculum covers the latest innovations in this field like Stingers, Sweepers, Radio Hour clock, PSAs, Formats, Imaging, Product push etc?
Remember, in radio there are no comebacks and make sure you are trained the proper way, so that the world of radio welcomes you with open arms.